Amateur Sport League Fund
The Province of B.C. is providing relief funding for non-profit and for-profit B.C.-based amateur leagues and teams competing at the provincial, national or international level. The Amateur Sport League Fund is intended to provide one-time financial relief to help amateur sports leagues and/or teams with operational costs such as, salaries, administrative costs, personal protective equipment and the development of COVID safety plans to ensure the safety of athletes and staff. This funding focuses on leagues and teams owned and operated in B.C., who do not compensate athletes as employees, and can demonstrate at least 30 per cent loss in revenue due to the impacts of COVID-19. Note: school, post-secondary, and Esports leagues are ineligible for this funding.
What organizations are eligible?
The fund targets not-for-profit and for-profit leagues or teams that:
- Are registered, majority owned and operated in B.C.
- Organize or compete in league play at the provincial, national or international level
- Do not compensate athletes as employees
- Can demonstrate at least 30 per cent revenue loss due to the impacts of COVID-19
- Note: School, post-secondary and esports leagues and teams are ineligible
The application period for this grant is now closed. We thank all applicants for their interest. For inquiries, please contact email@example.com.