viaSport's new Board members committed to inclusive, safe and meaningful sport in B.C.
viaSport is pleased to announce five new Directors who were elected to the Board at its Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, July 24, 2018. viaSport’s Board provides leadership and support for the organization’s purpose to transform and scale the impact of sport through social innovation, investment and capacity building.
The new Board Directors include:
- Jessica Burton, Senior Manager, Project Operations at Arc’teryx Equipment
- Eron Main, CEO of the International Wheelchair Rugby Federation
- Melanie Pump, VP Finance at Incognito Software Systems
- Tom Waller, Founder and Senior Vice President of Whitespace™, lululemon athletica
- Geoffrey Wong, Owner of 519 design + build
“I am excited to welcome all our new Directors to the viaSport Board,” said Jon Festinger, viaSport Board Chair. “They each bring unique corporate experience and skill sets, along with a passion for creating inclusive, safe and meaningful sport experiences for all British Columbians.”
“On behalf of viaSport, I would like to thank long-standing and dedicated outgoing Board Directors, Loreen Barnett, Caley Denton and Todd Kobus,” said Sheila Bouman, viaSport CEO. “Their many years of service, expertise and leadership have been instrumental in helping viaSport attain its vision of a society where people and communities are truly healthy, vibrant and connected because they value and participate in sport.”