Updates to B.C. public health orders for sport
The PHO Order on Gatherings and Events has been updated with information around proof of vaccination for sport. To reflect these changes, we have updated our Return to Sport Restart 2.0 chart. To summarize, as of November 16, 2021:
- Any unpaid supervisor/coach/volunteer supervising or assisting with indoor youth sport must show proof of vaccine (two doses).
- This includes those who receive an honorarium and are not an employee
- This includes parents assisting with their child's participation
- Proof of vaccination is not required for outdoor sport, except where regional restrictions apply.
- Swimming pools are exempt from the proof of vaccination requirement.
- Non-employed supervisors must show proof of vaccination
- Parents assisting their child in the pool do not need to show proof of vaccination.
If you need further information, access our Frequently Asked Questions here.