COVID-19 Financial Assistance Programs and Information
In an effort to better inform the B.C. sport sector, we have put together a list of various supports and guides currently available. This list will also be updated as more information becomes available.
UPDATED June 25
- The Sport Law and Stretgy Group is offering a free webinar series to give real time advice to sport leaders. Read more and register for Conversations Matter: You Ask, We Share.
- On Friday, April 17 our auditor PwC hosted their weekly webcast series and discussed the latest hot topic in response to COVID-19: Strategizing during periods of uncertainty. View other sessions in their webcast hub here.
Assistance and Programs
- Local governments, community groups and First Nations can now apply for grants totalling nearly $160 million to strengthen their communities. The target funding projects include recreation and cultural centres. Read the release.
- The Province is making changes to the Community Gaming Grants (CGG) program to make it easier for non-profit organizations to adapt and continue to provide vital services to British Columbians. These include more flexibility on requirements, an earlier intake date and more. Read the release.
- The Government of Canda has announced that applications are now being accepted for Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small businesses. Apply here.
- The Government of Canada announced an expansion to the eligibility criteria for the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) to include many owner-operated small businesses.
- The Emergency Community Support Fund is now open for applications. Non-profits can apply here.
- The Province is providing relief on power bills, read the release.
- The Federal Government announced a number of relief measures for individuals and organizations, see them here.
- The Provincial Government has also announced a number of relief measures, see them here.
- Information on small business loans, small capital loans and purchase order financing from the Business Development Bank of Canada
- While information is still being finalized, interested organizations can sign up for notices regarding the Facebook small business grants program
- Your organization may be eligible for the Vancity and Vancouver Foundation Community Response Fund
- BC Hydro deferral program to help ease hydro costs
- If you are out of work, there are also updates and changes to EI and sickness benefits that individuals can take advantage of
- There is also the Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers, which is a three-month measure that will allow eligible employers to reduce the amount of payroll deductions required to be remitted to the Canada Revenue Agency
More information for small businesses