COVID-19 Financial Assistance Programs and Information
In an effort to better inform the B.C. sport sector, we have put together a list of various supports and guides currently available. This list will also be updated as more information becomes available.
UPDATED APRIL 3
Assistance and Programs
- The Sport Law and Stretgy Group is offering a free webinar series to give real time advice to sport leaders. Read more and register for Conversations Matter: You Ask, We Share.
- The Province is providing relief on power bills, read the release.
- The Federal Government announced a number of relief measures for individuals and organizations, see them here.
- The Provincial Government has also announced a number of relief measures, see them here.
- Information on small business loans, small capital loans and purchase order financing from the Business Development Bank of Canada
- While information is still being finalized, interested organizations can sign up for notices regarding the Facebook small business grants program
- Your organization may be eligible for the Vancity and Vancouver Foundation Community Response Fund
- BC Hydro deferral program to help ease hydro costs
- If you are out of work, there are also updates and changes to EI and sickness benefits that individuals can take advantage of
- If you are out of work, you may also be eligible for the Emergency Care Benefit
- Canada Revenue Agency has a program that will allow you to defer your tax payments
- There is also the Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers, which is a three-month measure that will allow eligible employers to reduce the amount of payroll deductions required to be remitted to the Canada Revenue Agency
More information for small businesses