The Coaches BC Legacy Fund was set up in 2013 with the goal of encouraging more community level coaches to become involved, to further their education, and to receive training and/or certification. As a result, four coach grants have been created to assist provincial sport organizations, community clubs and coach developers.
Funded by the Province of B.C., Government of Canada, individual foundations and corporations, viaSport awards approximately $2 million dollars in sport-related grant programs each year. Our aim is to reduce barriers and ensure quality sport experiences by:
- Increasing participation and leadership opportunities for under-represented groups
- Developing grassroots sports in outlying and under-served areas in B.C.
- Supporting the continued education of training of certified coaches
- Encouraging regional, provincial, national and international sport event hosting across the province
- Assisting with travel costs for youth
Interested in receiving a grant? View our available grant programs below to see if you are eligible.
Do you have a question about viaSport's grant programs? Read our FAQ and find your answer right away.
Looking for Logos?
If you are looking for logos, head to our Logos and Recognition page for more information!
Call for Panel Members
Are you interested in becoming a volunteer panel member for one of our grants? Click below to read the job description and apply.