The Indigenous Youth Sport Legacy Fund assists amateur athletes of Indigenous ancestry, including athletes with a disability or disabilities, in their pursuit of excellence in sport. The grant seeks to relieve financial costs associated with high performance sport.
Funded by the Province of B.C., Government of Canada, individual foundations and corporations, viaSport awards approximately $2 million dollars in sport-related grant programs each year. Our aim is to reduce barriers and ensure quality sport experiences by:
- Increasing participation and leadership opportunities for under-represented groups
- Developing grassroots sports in outlying and under-served areas in B.C.
- Supporting the continued education of training of certified coaches
- Encouraging regional, provincial, national and international sport event hosting across the province
- Assisting with travel costs for youth
Interested in receiving a grant? View our available grant programs below to see if you are eligible.
Do you have a question about viaSport's grant programs? Read our FAQ and find your answer right away.
Looking for Logos?
If you are looking for logos, head to our Logos and Recognition page for more information!