In order for everyone to thrive via sport, there are obstacles that need to be overcome to ensure quality sport experiences.
To help reduce some of those barriers, viaSport administers close to $2 million dollars each year in over 10 different sport-related grant programs, funded by the Province of B.C., Government of Canada and individual foundations. These programs strive to:
- Increase participation of under-represented groups
- Develop grassroots sport in communities
- Improve gender equity in participation, leadership and administration roles
- Create opportunities in outlying and under-served areas of the province
- Encourage regional, provincial, national and international event hosting across the province
- Assist high school students with travel costs for attending provincial championships
- Assist post-secondary athletes with training and competition costs
viaSport also provides approximately $400,000 in financial assistance annually to KidSport so that over 1,000 B.C. children can participate in community sport.