Local Sport Relief Fund
The Local Sport Relief Fund has been developed to provide one-time financial relief for non-profit, community level sport organizations, clubs and associations at risk of collapse or insolvency due to the impacts of COVID-19. The fund is supported by the Province of B.C. and administered through viaSport British Columbia.
The goal of the funding is to support local sport organizations that have been significantly impacted by COVID-19. The Province of B.C. recognizes the importance of community-based sport organizations and has allocated this funding to help in their recovery.
Eligible organizations are invited to apply for up to $7,500 to help offset fixed and operating costs. Funding must support administration and operational needs for an eventual return to sport, and new sport programming or initiatives are ineligible.
What organizations are eligible?
Applications may be submitted by organizations that are:
- Non-profit local sport organizations
- Non-profit local sport organizations, which exist for the sole purpose of serving underrepresented populations and have well-established sport programming. Underserved populations include Indigenous peoples, girls & women, LGBTQ+, low-income individuals, persons with disabilities, ethnic or religious minorities, and newcomers to Canada or refugees.
All organizations must be located in British Columbia and focus on sport delivery at the local or community level. Organizations must be not-for-profit and have a B.C. registered society or CRA charity number. For-profit organizations and those with a provincial scope of delivery are not eligible, including viaSport’s funded Provincial Sport, Disability Sport, Multi-Sport and Regional Alliance partners.
GUIDELINES AND FORMS
- PROGRAM GUIDELINES - SEPTEMBER 2020
- LOCAL SPORT RELIEF FUND - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- APPLICATION QUESTIONS (please note all applications must be completed online)
Deadline 11:59pm October 16, 2020