2020 Winter Spirit Grant
The 2020 Winter Spirit Grant is provided through the joint provincial-federal BC Sport Participation Program (BCSPP) that supports programs that attract children, youth, Indigenous and under-represented populations to lead active and healthy lifestyles through involvement in sport while also helping to support communities delivering physical literacy programming throughout the province.
2020 Winter Spirit Grants are designed to build on the spirit and legacy of the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games and help unite communities to provide new winter sport experiences for British Columbians, especially those who face barriers to participation such as lower-income families, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, women and girls, older adults, and newcomers to Canada. This aligns with Government’s commitment to inclusion and accessibility by applying a Gender-based Analysis Plus (GBA+) lens to all policy and programming.
What programs are eligible?
Community organizations are invited to apply for the 2020 Winter Spirit Grants in order to host sport experiences, programs and events that promote unity and inclusion. Proposed programs should:
- Provide an opportunity to participate in a winter (or adapted winter) sport activity*
- Target people who may face barriers to participation
- Be free of charge
- Partner with community organizations where possible
- Take place between February 1 and March 31, 2020
- Promote the opportunity locally and contribute o the viaSport Power of Sport 2010 communications campaign
For possible uses of funds, please download the full guidelines below.
Who can apply?
- Not-for-profit clubs and organizations
- Municipalities or Community Centres
- Indigenous bands or community associations