Teaching and Learning (Online Delivery)
As part of the Coaching Association of Canada new mental health and sport project funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada, Teaching and Learning will be offered for FREE. Check out the CAC Mental Health and Sport Resource Hub to learn more and access some useful resources.
In Teaching and Learning, you will learn to:
- assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
- analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
- create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
- appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive and motor dimensions of learning;
- the use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
- a sound organization;
- active supervision; and
- the use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time and with the right frequency.
All participants must ensure that Zoom will work on their computer, and that their microphone and speaker is connected and functioning properly with Zoom. To test Zoom on your computer, click here.
Please note that this course will take place over two evenings. Coaches must attend the full duration of this workshop to receive credit for their participation.
Location: Online (through Zoom)
Dates/Times: June 13th and 15th from 5:30pm to 8:30pm PST