Teaching and Learning
Upon completing the Teaching and Learning module you will be able to:
- assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
- analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
- create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
- appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive and motor dimensions of learning;
- the use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
- a sound organization;
- active supervision; and
- the use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time and with the right frequency.
- use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.
Host: Fortius Sport & Health
Venue: Fortius Sport & Health, 3713 Kensington Ave
Registration: Register online here
The National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Fundamental Movement Skills workshop, presented...
Core Training for Learning Facilitators is a 6-hour workshop that all Learning Facilitator...