SportSmart Workshop - Online
In presentation with PacificSport Interior BC, SportMedBC’s SportSmart Workshop offers introductory safety and performance tips designed to help parents, coaches and managers to understand how to better prepare athletes, prevent injuries, and facilitate the development of children in athletics. Topics covered include return to sport postCovid-19, general sport preparation, recognition and management of common injuries and recovery techniques including nutrition guidelines.
Topics covered include sport preparation, recognition and management of common injuries and recovery.
In a fast-moving, 90 minutes workshop, SportSmart participants will learn:
• The proper components of a warm up
• The proper components of a cool down
• The fundamentals of stretching
• Post COVID-19 Return to Sport Guidelines
• Injury prevention strengthening and stretching exercises
• Recovery through nutrition
• Where to find the most up to date sport safety resources and tools
**BCRPA & NCCP Continuing Education Credits are available for this workshop**
Please note that we will be using Zoom platform for this course, you will receive a Zoom invite 24 hrs before the start of each virtual class. Instructions will be provided in the invite. We suggest you familiarize yourself with this platform and its policies prior to your scheduled class.
Fee: $26 (+GST)