In order to achieve peak performance, an athlete’s training program needs to be periodized according to the demands of their sport as well as their individual development needs. The Performance Planning module allows coaches to reflect on the structure of a yearly plan and appropriately sequence training and development priorities so as to achieve peak performance.
After completing this module, coaches will be able to:
- Perform a thorough analysis of the demands of their athletes’ sport at the elite (high performance) level.
- Outline a program structure based on training and competition opportunities.
- Identify appropriate measures for promoting athlete development within their own program.
- Integrate yearly training priorities into their own program.
- Organize and sequence training priorities and objectives on a weekly basis to optimize adaptations.
- Evaluate the ability of their athletes/team to perform up to their potential in competition.
*Includes two-hour online pre-workshop session.
Note: This is a two-day course. It is being held on May 27th from 1:00pm - 5:00pm & May 28th from 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Host: Canadian Sport Institute Pacific
Venue: Pacific Institute for Sport Excellence, 4371 Interurban Rd
Registration: Register online here
Note: This course is part of CSI Pacific's International Coaching School. To learn more about the International Coaching School, visit their website.