Performance Planning will teach you to:
- perform a thorough analysis of the demands of your athletes’ sport at the elite (high-performance) level;
- outline a program structure based on training and competition opportunities;
- identify appropriate measures for promoting athlete development within your own program
- integrate yearly training priorities into your own program;
- organize and sequence training priorities and objectives on a weekly basis to optimize adaptations;
- evaluate the ability of your athletes/team to perform up to their potential in competition.
Note: There is a pre-course activity to be completed prior to taking this course, please contact your host organization if you do not receive the assignment upon registration. In addition, laptops or tablets are required for this workshop, the excel template should be provided to participants in advance to ensure they are able to load them on their device.
Host: Whistler Sport Legacies
Venue: Whistler Athletes' Centre, 1090 Legacy Way, Whistler
Time: Apr. 26, 2019 (10:00 AM - 7:00 PM) and Apr. 27 (8:00 AM - 2:00 PM)
Registration: Register online here
Note: This course is part of the Whistler Coaches Summit. To learn more about the Summit, visit the Whistler Sport legacies website.