NCCP Performance Planning
In order to achieve peak performance, an athlete’s training program needs to be periodized according to the demands of their sport as well as their individual development needs. The Performance Planning module allows coaches to reflect on the structure of a yearly plan and appropriately sequence training and development priorities so as to achieve peak performance.
After completing this module, coaches will be able to:
- Perform a thorough analysis of the demands of their athletes’ sport at the elite (high performance) level.
- Outline a program structure based on training and competition opportunities.
- Identify appropriate measures for promoting athlete development within their own program.
- Integrate yearly training priorities into their own program.
- Organize and sequence training priorities and objectives on a weekly basis to optimize adaptations.
- Evaluate the ability of their athletes/team to perform up to their potential in competition.
*Includes two-hour online pre-workshop session.
Please note: This is a live, facilitator-led, interactive, group-based course offered online through Adobe Connect. To participate in an Online Delivery course, you must have a working microphone and speakers as well as reliable access to the internet (Dial-up or High Speed).
Host: Canadian Sport Institute Pacific
Venue: Online via Adobe Connect
Dates: May 25th to May 28th (four day course). The course will run each day from 8:00am to 10:30am PST. Attendance of all sessions is mandatory for course credit.
Registration: Register online here
Note: This course is part of CSI Pacific's International Coaching School. To learn more about the International Coaching School, visit their website.