NCCP Performance Planning
In order to achieve peak performance, an athlete’s training program needs to be periodized according to the demands of their sport as well as their individual development needs. The Performance Planning module allows coaches to reflect on the structure of a yearly plan and appropriately sequence training and development priorities so as to achieve peak performance.
After completing this module, coaches will be able to:
- Perform a thorough analysis of the demands of their athletes’ sport at the elite (high performance) level.
- Outline a program structure based on training and competition opportunities.
- Identify appropriate measures for promoting athlete development within their own program.
- Integrate yearly training priorities into their own program.
- Organize and sequence training priorities and objectives on a weekly basis to optimize adaptations.
- Evaluate the ability of their athletes/team to perform up to their potential in competition.
*Includes two-hour online pre-workshop session.
Note: This is a two-day course. It is being held from Feb 15th from 9:00pm - 5:00pm & Feb 16th from 9:00am - 3:30pm.
Host: Karate BC
Location: West Vancouver
Venue: Committee Room, Hollyburn Country Club, 950 Cross Creek Road, West Vancouver, BC V7S 2S5
Cost: $170 ($220 for non Karate BC members)
Registration: Register Online Here