NCCP Advanced Practice Planning
For individual training sessions to effectively contribute to the overall objectives of an annual training plan, a coach must understand the outcome of each training session and how their cumulative effects will contribute to athletic development. The Advanced Practice Planning module examines the impact of daily training sequencing and the manipulations that can affect training outcomes.
After completing this module, coaches will be able to:
- Identify the factors that affect practice planning.
- Ensure that practice plans are consistent with the microcycles and phases of which they are part.
- Sequence exercises in a practice so that their order is consistent with the research on sequencing.
- Develop a plan for training athletic abilities over a microcycle.
- Develop a plan for training technical and tactical abilities over a microcycle.
- Develop a plan for a microcycle that helps athletes taper before a competition.
Note: This is a two-day course. It is being held from Feb 16th from 4:00pm - 5:00pm & Feb 17th from 8:00am - 12:00pm.
Host: Karate BC
Location: West Vancouver
Venue: Committee Room, Hollyburn Country Club, 950 Cross Creek Road, West Vancouver, BC V7S 2S5
Cost: $90 ($120 for non Karate BC members)
Registration: Register Online Here