Home study: Teaching and Learning
Upon completing the Teaching and Learning module you will be able to:
- assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
- analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
- create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
- appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive and motor dimensions of learning;
- the use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
- a sound organization;
- active supervision; and
- the use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time and with the right frequency.
- use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.
NCCP Home Study Program:
The NCCP home study program is designed for coaches unable to attend an in-class course due to location, work or coaching schedule.
Once registering you will receive an e-mail with instructions to download the electronic coach workbook as well as the name and contact information for an accredited NCCP Learning Facilitator that has been assigned as your tutor. You will then complete a series of exercises in the workbook and submit it by email for marking to your assigned Learning Facilitator.
The length of time to complete a home study course varies by module and your individual learning style. The format relies heavily on self-directed learning and the number of hours may be more than what is required of coaches attending an in-class course. Coaches must complete their course workbook within the 3 month deadline.
By enrolling in the NCCP home study program, you agree not to distribute, share, publish, transmit, modify, display or create derivative works from or exploit the contents of these copyrighted materials in any way.
Please note: Unfortunately special requests for fast-tracking marking of home study workbooks and Locker processing cannot be accommodated due to the volume of requests and the extra administration associated.
Registration: Home study online registration form