National Coaches Week
National Coaches Week provides coaches with the recognition they deserve for the time they devote to ensuring Canadians live an active, healthy lifestyle. From September 17 - 25, 2022, we encourage everyone to say thanks to the coaches who call B.C. home.
The viaSport Regional Alliance will be hosting a number of courses, workshops, and events in honor of Coaches Week. Keep an eye out for registration information on our social media channels, as well as our calendar.
Social Media Contest
For 2022, viaSport is on a mission to celebrate B.C. coaches by providing a boost to their coach education! Two lucky clubs/teams/associations will receive six (6) vouchers for CPSE and a bonus of $400.00 cash! All you have to do is post a photo on social media that includes how your coach(es) create a positive sport environment! Check out last year's winners here.
This contest's prize is generously provided by the Bob Bearpark Foundation.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Follow @viaSportBC on Instagram
- Post a photo of your coach(es) and include:
- The name of the team/club/association
- The name of the coach(es)
- How your coach(es) creates a positive sport environment
- Tag @viaSportBC in the post
- Include BOTH hashtags #ThanksCoach and #thanksBCcoach (this is how we will find your post)
- Ensure your Instagram profile is made public so that your photo is viewable
One entry per user will be eligible. The winner will be randomly selected and announced by September 29, 2022.
Q. What do you mean by a sport team/club/association?
A. You must be affiliated with a team, club or association based in B.C. to qualify. The prize will be awarded to the team/club/association as a whole.
Q. I have a personal coach - can I enter the contest?
A. Yes, but only if you are affiliated with a team, club or association based in B.C. The prize will be awarded to the team/club/association as a whole.
Q. How many photos can I enter?
A. One per user account.
Q. What can the money be used for?
A. Team/club/association: Expenses that benefit the entire team/club/association, i.e. travel expenses, equipment, uniforms, team celebration, other education opportunities, etc.
Q. How will my photo be used?
A. Any submitted content may be used by viaSport and provincial and regional sport organizations for promotional purposes. By submitting a photo, you allow consent for use.
Q. How will the winning photo be selected?
A. One submission will be randomly selected. If a potential winner is not in compliance with contest rules, viaSport BC reserves the right to disqualify the photo from the contest and select an alternative winner.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All entries must be posted between 12 p.m. PT, September 21, 2020 and 11:59 p.m. PT, September 28, 2022.
- By entering our contest, the entrant consents to the release of their photo for promotional use by viaSport BC, and provincial and regional sport organizations. Entrants must own the rights to the photo.
- Sport teams/clubs/associations must be based in British Columbia, Canada.
- Entrants must be in compliance with contest rules indicated above to win.
- The winning entrant will be awarded six (6) CPSE credits and $400.00 for the sport team/club/association.
- The winning photo, on behalf of the team/club/association and coach(es), will be contacted by viaSport on Instagram at the end of September
- In order to receive payment, the winning entrant must complete and sign an ‘Intention of Use Agreement’ form after the contest commences. Before the money is awarded, viaSport BC owns the right to approve its intent.