All Youth Matter: Inclusion Training
Youth across British Columbia face real and significant barriers to participating in sport, recreation and physical activity
- Gay, lesbian and bisexual youth are half as likely to play sport as their straight peers
- Only 3% of persons with disabilities participate in organized physical activity
- Only 2% of female youth get the recommended 60 minutes of physical activity per day
Join us for FREE inclusion training
Based on deep consultation with nearly 250 youth and 100 inclusion experts, All Youth Matter: Inclusion Training was developed to equip you to make a difference in the lives of diverse youth in your community.
This training will provide you with tools, techniques and best practices to create inclusive sport, recreation and physical activity experiences for youth from marginalized populations.
Learn about the factors that contribute to an inclusive environment, how to identify and address barriers and biases, and steps to take to intervene and stop discrimination.
In addition, you will receive:
- A personalized action plan for change
- An All Youth Matter - Inclusion Training Certificate of Completion
- 3 National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Professional Development (PD) points
Who should attend All Youth Matter: Inclusion Training?
Individuals working with youth in a sport, recreation or physical activity capacity. Whether you’re a coach, sport administrator, fitness instructor, recreation staff member or manager, you will benefit from participating in this training.
Choose one of two dates:
- Saturday, February 16, 2019
- Tuesday, February 19, 2019