Advanced Practice Planning
For individual training sessions to effectively contribute to the overall objectives of an annual training plan, a coach must understand the outcome of each training session and how their cumulative effects will contribute to athletic development. The Advanced Practice Planning module examines the impact of daily training sequencing and the manipulations that can affect training outcomes.
After completing this module, coaches will be able to:
- Identify the factors that affect practice planning.
- Ensure that practice plans are consistent with the microcycles and phases of which they are part.
- Sequence exercises in a practice so that their order is consistent with the research on sequencing.
- Develop a plan for training athletic abilities over a microcycle.
- Develop a plan for training technical and tactical abilities over a microcycle.
- Develop a plan for a microcycle that helps athletes taper before a competition.
Host: Canadian Sport Institute Pacific
Venue: Pacific Institute for Sport Excellence, 4371 Interurban Rd
Registration: Register online here
Note: This course is part of CSI Pacific's International Coaching School. To learn more about the International Coaching School, visit their website.