Coach of the Year Awards
The annual Coach of the Year Awards recognize outstanding coaches in British Columbia for their dedication and contribution to sport. Founded by the Coaches Association of BC, the Coach of the Year Awards celebrate community leaders who continually inspire athletes to realize and reach their potential.
Through the generosity of the Bob Bearpark Foundation, each recipient of a Coach of the Year Award will receive a $250 bursary. In addition, recipients will be formally honoured at the 2020 Sport BC Annual Awards on March 12, 2020.
viaSport invites the sport community to nominate coaches who have demonstrated leadership, effective coaching and personal growth throughout their career.
What are the categories?
- Community Coach - coaches grassroots and recreational athletes at any age
- Competition Coach - coaches athletes who are developing competitive skills and preparing for higher competition within regional or provincial programs
- High Performance Coach - primarily coaches athletes at the international level
Please note that coaches can only be nominated for one category.
Who can submit a nomination?
Nominations are accepted from a variety of individuals including, but not limited to:
- Provincial Sport Organization representatives
- Local Sport Organization (Club) representatives
- Current or former athletes
- Parents/Guardians of athletes
- Other coaches
Ready to nominate?
Please read the full Coach of the Year Awards Guidelines before submitting a nomination form.
Nominations close February 9th, 2020 at 11:59pm