National Coaches Week provides coaches with the recognition they deserve for the time they devote to ensuring Canadians live an active, healthy lifestyle. From September 18 - 26, 2021, we encourgae everyone to say thanks to the coaches who call B.C. home.
To celebrate National Coaches Week, viaSport will be hosting our annual #ThanksBCcoach Coaches Week Contest! Check out last year's winner.
The viaSport Regional Alliance will be hosting a number of courses and workshops in honor of Coache's Week, keep an eye out for registration information in our calendar and on our social media channels.
Coach recognition is an incredibly important part of viaSport's work, read more about the 2020 Coach of the Year Award winners. We had the incredible opportunity to interview the Community and Competition Coaches of the Year, check out Luba and Iuliana's videos.
Click HERE to view our calendar of available courses and events hosted by the Regional Alliance during Coaches Week.
#ThanksBCcoach contest is LIVE starting at noon on September 8 - September 26, 2021!
HOW TO ENTER:
- Follow/like viaSport BC on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram
- Post a photo of your coach(es) to Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram. Also include:
- The name of the team/club/association
- The name of the coach(es)
- Why you want to thank your coach
- Tag @viaSport BC in the post
- Include BOTH hashtags #ThanksCoach and #thanksBCcoach (this is how we will find your post). Ensure your Facebook/Twitter post and/or Instagram profile is made public so that your photo is viewable
One entry per user per platform will be eligible. Contest ends September 26 at 11:59 p.m. The winner will be randomly selected and announced by September 30, 2021.
Want to earn a BONUS entry? Send us a short video clip of you saying "Thanks Coach ___" on whichever platform you used to enter our contest. At the end of Coaches Week, we'll share this compilation of amazing thank yous for coaches across B.C.
Q. What do you mean by a sport team/club/association?
A. You must be an individual (ie. athlete, parent, administrator, etc.) affiliated with a team/club/association to qualify. The money will be awarded to the team/club/association as a whole.
Q. I have a personal coach - can I enter the contest?
A. Yes, but only if you and your coach are affiliated with a team/club/association. The money will be awarded to the team/club/association as a whole.
Q. How many photos can I enter?
A. One per social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), up to a maximum of three submissions per user.
Q. What can the money be used for?
A1. Team/club/association: Expenses that benefit the entire team/club/association ie. travel expenses, equipment, uniforms, team celebration, etc.
A2: Coach(es): Expenses that benefit the coach(es) ie. travel expenses, coach development (education, courses, workshops), equipment, etc.
Q. How will my photo be used?
A. Any submitted photo may be used by viaSport and provincial and regional sport organizations for promotional purposes. By submitting a photo, you allow consent for use.
Q. How will the winning photo be selected?
A. One photo will be randomly selected from all submissions submitted through the three social media platforms. If a potential winner is not in compliance with contest rules, viaSport BC reserves the right to disqualify the photo from the contest and select an alternative winner.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All entries must be posted between 12 p.m. PT, September 8, 2020 and 11:59 p.m. PT, September 26, 2020.
- By entering our contest, the entrant consents to the release of their photo for promotional use by viaSport BC, and provincial and regional sport organizations. Entrants must own the rights to the photo.
- Sport teams/clubs/associations must be based in British Columbia, Canada.
- Entrants must be in compliance with contest rules indicated above to win.
- The winning entrant will be awarded $500.00 for the sport team/club/association and $500.00 for their coach(es).
- The winning photo, on behalf of the team/club/association and coach(es), will be contacted by viaSport via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram at the end of September.
- In order to receive payment, the winning entrant must complete and sign an ‘Intention of Use Agreement’ form after the contest commences. Before the money is awarded, viaSport BC owns the right to approve its intent.
NCCP Coaching Courses
Looking for a NCCP training course in your community? Check out our full calendar to help you get started on your coaching journey today!
Coaches Week Participation Guide
Help promote Coaches Week in your community! The Coaches Association of Canada has created a participation guide that gives you all the tools you need.