Professional Development Fund for Advancing Gender Equity in Sport
viaSport is leading the development of a sport sector for British Columbia that is committed to upholding a balanced representation of gender in sport.
The Professional Development Fund for advancing gender equity in sport looks to build leadership throughout B.C. by providing funding for individuals to attend courses, conferences or alternative training. These educational opportunities will inspire participants to be leaders in their community and advocate for equitable sport opportunities.
Eligible applicants are invited to apply for subsidies of up to $1,000 to help cover the cost of registration fees and travel expenses.
Who can apply?
Applications may be submitted by:
- Residents of British Columbia who are directly contributing to the advancement of gender equity in sport
*Only one application per individual, per intake will be accepted
Opportunities of use:
Possible opportunities for professional development may include the events listed below. Selected training must be completed by March 31, 2017 and will directly lead to advancement of gender equity in B.C.
- Residents of BC who are directly contributing to the advancement of gender equity in sport through advancement of their own skills or through delivery of programs (already there)
- This grant is not restricted to women. Individuals of any gender that are working to advocate gender equity in sport/community are eligible to apply.
- Priority will be given to new applicants who have not previously received grant funding from viaSport.
- Even though it occurs prior to the application deadline, attendees of the 2016 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership Conference are eligible to apply.