Teaching and Learning
Upon completing the Teaching and Learning module you will be able to:
- assess your own beliefs regarding effective teaching;
- analyze certain coaching situations to determine if they promote learning;
- create conditions that promote learning and self-esteem through:
- appropriate consideration of the affective, cognitive and motor dimensions of learning;
- the use of words and methods that relate to an athlete’s preferred learning style;
- a sound organization;
- active supervision; and
- the use of well-formulated feedback offered at the right time and with the right frequency.
- use teaching assessment grids to gather objective information on teaching effectiveness, and use this data to develop an action plan to enhance your own effectiveness as a teacher and coach.
Venue: College of the Rockies, 2700 College Way
Date & Time: September 19 and 20, 2017 from 6:00 PM - 8:45 PM (PST)
Cost: $10 (as part of National Coaches Week and subsidized by viaSport)
Registration: Register online here