Home study: Design a Basic Sport Program
Design a Basic Sport Program will teach you to:
- create a sound outline for your sport program that includes competition and training events;
- compare your program to those outlined by the NCCP in terms of long-term athlete development;
- assess the athletic development opportunities your program offers, and identify ways to remedy any weaknesses;
- interpret the information in a sample program, identifying training priorities and objectives at certain periods;
- establish a link between your program’s training objectives and the content of practice sessions.
NCCP Home Study Program:
The NCCP home study program is designed for coaches unable to attend an in-class course due to location, work or coaching schedule.
Once registering you will receive an e-mail with instructions to download the electronic coach workbook as well as the name and contact information for an accredited NCCP Learning Facilitator that has been assigned as your tutor. You will then complete a series of exercises in the workbook and submit it by email for marking to your assigned Learning Facilitator.
The length of time to complete a home study course varies by module and your individual learning style. The format relies heavily on self-directed learning and the number of hours may be more than what is required of coaches attending an in-class course. Coaches must complete their course workbook within the 3 month deadline.
By enrolling in the NCCP home study program, you agree not to distribute, share, publish, transmit, modify, display or create derivative works from or exploit the contents of these copyrighted materials in any way.
Please note: Unfortunately special requests for fast-tracking marking of home study workbooks and Locker processing cannot be accommodated due to the volume of requests and the extra administration associated.
Registration: Home study online registration form