The 2017 Coach Developer Conference is a multi-sport event open to all NCCP Coach Developers. Join us in beautiful Victoria, BC from October 12 – 15 to further develop yourself professionally in any of the Coach Developer roles. This will be a great opportunity to network and learn from sport leaders representing a variety of sports and from all over Canada.
Master Coach Developer, Learning Facilitator and Coach Evaluator Core Training courses will be offered ahead of the conference, along with a new one-day professional development opportunity tailored for Master Coach Developers.
The conference will boast plenary sessions geared to inspire a holistic sport sector mindset and approach, but also develop practical and take-home learnings that can be implemented right away. Breakout sessions will offer three targeted streams: Learning Facilitator, Coach Evaluator and a General Coach Developer option. Content will be specially tailored to each role to increase skills and confidence, work through common challenges, and ways to develop your Coach Developer team. Please see the schedule below for specific session descriptions.
- Coach Developers: Learning Facilitators, Coach Evaluators and Master Coach Developers
- Specialized focus on Master Coach Developers (MCDs)
- Dr. Shaunna Taylor, PacificSport Okanagan, Executive Director
- Dr. Andy Van Neutegem, Canadian Wheelchair Sports Association, High Performance Director
- Sheila Bouman, viaSport B.C., Chief Executive Officer
- Robert Bettauer, Pacific Institute for Sport Excellence, Chief Executive Officer
- Carolyn Gillespie, PacificSport Okanagan, Sport Development Program Coordinator
- Catharine Edwards, PacificSport Vancouver Island, Program Coordinator
- Kathy Brook, Coaching Association of Ontario, Master Coach Developer
- Laura Watson, Coaching Association of Canada, Senior Coaching Consultant, Provincial/Territorial Coaching Representatives and Parasport
- Wayne Parro, Coaching Association of Canada, Senior Coaching Consultant, Advisor
- David Hill, Canadian Sport Institute Pacific – Coaching and Systems Development Lead
- Elisabeth Walker-Young, Canucks Autism Network
- Jennifer Schutz, Chartered Professional Coach, Master Coach Developer
- Jennifer Falloon, Ringette Canada
- Gail Donohue, viaSport B.C., Master Coach Developer
- Marc Bowles, Global Coach
- Shawna Lawson, viaSport B.C., Manager, Research and Social Innovation
- Robyn Hughes, viaSport B.C., Coordinator, Sport and Coaching
ADDITIONAL LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Core Training for MCD, LF and CE
- MCD PD Session
- Core Training for Master Coach Developers (8:30 am - 6:00 pm PST)
- Note: MCDs should have completed both Core Training for LFs and CEs prior to taking this course
- Master Coach Developer Professional Development Sessions (9:00 am - 3:00 pm PST)
- Core Training for Learning Facilitators (9:00 am - 4:00 pm PST)
- Core Training for Coach Evaluators (9:00 am - 3:00 pm PST)
- Evening Welcome Reception for 2017 Coach Developer Conference (5:00 pm - 6:00 pm PST)
- Coach Developer Conference (8:00 am - 5:00 pm PST)
- Coach Developer Conference (8:00 am - 12:30 pm PST)
- LF Multi-Sport Competition-Develpment Training (1:00 pm - 6:30 pm PST)* (by application only)
October 17 - 19
- LF Multi-Sport Competition-Development Training (by application only)
Last updated October 6, 2017.
Please note, the deadline to register has now passed.
The event will be held at the Hotel Grand Pacific in Victoria, at 463 Belleville Street.
We have arranged a room block for conference delegates at a discounted rate of $159/night + tax at the Hotel Grand Pacific.
To book please call 1-800-663-7550 (Toll Free) or 250-386-0450 or email email@example.com using the following Group Name or Group Code:
- Group Name: viaSport - 2017 Coaching Conference
- Group Code: OCT17VIASPORT
Discounted rate extended until Sept. 18, 2017.
- Early-bird Coach Developer Conference Rate: $225 (includes welcome reception, Oct. 14 breakfast & lunch, Oct. 15 breakfast)
Available until Sept. 11
- Regular Coach Developer Conference Rate: $250 (includes same as early bird)
- Master Coach Developer PD Day Rate: $80 (includes breakfast and lunch)
- Core Training for MCDs Rate: $125 (includes lunch)
- Core Training for LFs Rate: $100 (includes lunch)
- Core Training for CEs Rate: $100 (includes lunch)
Registration is now closed.
The full schedule for the 2017 Coach Developer Conference is now released. Please note, the schedule is subject to change. Please check back periodically.