viaSport engages and unifies British Columbians through the power of sport because it believes that the values and life skills developed via sport allow people to thrive for life.
All British Columbians deserve equitable opportunities to develop and realize their potential through sport – as an athlete, coach, official or volunteer. To increase sport participation opportunities, viaSport unites leaders across sectors to champion change and continuously enhance our world class sport system.
Together, we leverage investment in sport to foster excellence, develop leadership, and energize communities through quality sport experiences.
AT VIASPORT, YOU CAN:
- connect with the more than 70 BC sports organizations that deliver sport programs and services every day
- learn more about our key initiatives to make sport in our province more inclusive, accessible and safe for all British Columbians gain access to the most-up-to-date coaching resources and information
- apply for sport-related grant funding to encourage sport participation, develop high-performance athletes and improve sport and recreation programs
- discover and utilize amateur sport resources for administrators, athletes and coaches found through our sport information hub
- search a database of provincial sports facilities to determine where you can hold your next amateur sport event
With support from the Province of British Columbia, viaSport is leading the charge to strengthen B.C.'s amateur sport system.
viaSport administers $14.5M of the government’s sport investment to support:
Application grant funding supports the following key development areas:
- Event hosting
- Gender equity
- Coaching development
- Athlete assistance
- Participation from under-represented groups
An active, healthy British Columbia where sport inspires a field of possibilities for all.
To champion positive changes so that more British Columbians thrive via sport and physical activity.
2016 YEAR-END REPORT
To learn more about viaSport this past year, read our 2016 year-end report here.